[FFmpeg-user] Correct conversion of yuvj420p?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Sep 28 21:42:56 EEST 2020

Hi Paul! :)

On 24.09.20 09:55, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 11:31:43PM +0200, Peter B. wrote:
>> Hi Ted,

>>> setrange affects the frames, not any end result SPS i think. Leaving it out doesn’t set the parameters? Does it convert to limited range by default?
>> I'm still looking for a way to automatically transcode yuvj420p files along
>> with other pix_fmts to FFV1, while keeping "-pix_fmt +" to make sure no
>> silent conversions are happening.
>>
>> Does anyone have a suggestion?
> What is wrong with my suggestion?

Your suggestion was the following, right?

> YUVJ420P === YUV420P + PC set for color_range.
> Beware of unset color_range.

There's nothing wrong with it! :)

...but I still have to find out which files are interpreted as
"yuvj420p" by ffmpeg - and then fish them out and treat them with a
separate command, since I have batches with and without color_range set,
therefore "-pix_fmt +" throws a (correct) error when trying to convert
to FFV1 :)

That's where I'm stuck :(

Thanks again!
Peter