[FFmpeg-user] facing max delay reached. Need to consume packets. RTP missed packets

Chris Miceli chris at miceli.net.au
Mon Sep 28 11:23:04 EEST 2020

Hi Usman,

I don't think that this is a client problem. I think that the server might
be lagging behind real-time stream.
The output you have there appears to say it's 4.6 fps and i imagine that
the native file is meant to be higher frame rate than that?

The output which will help diagnose this is the server side. My
recommendation is the following:
 - use ffmpeg's "re" flag for replaying files when streaming
 - preset slow might be too much for the server (you would need to check
it's perf with the command running in htop)

This said, I have to guess a little bit with the amount of information
which I have. Perhaps something from the server logs will help.

*Chris Miceli*