[FFmpeg-user] ffplay struggling with this station!

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 07:52:55 EEST 2020

Hi,

I just realized that the station was public, so I just tried:
% ffplay -nodisp -vn "https://jrtv-live.ercdn.net/jrradio/englishradiovideo.m3u8”
no issues.
> I did try without that buffer flag, but that had no effect. I’m going to try updating ffplay, and see if that helps.
Yeah also update the tls library before building and if that still doesn’t fix it it might be the connection speed?

> Also, I’ve noticed that vlc had a 1000 ms “network cache”, and I wonder if that had anything to do with playing that station flawlessly.

That probably means something like it’s’ playing 1 second in the past, so if something happens and it can’t keep up in realtime there’s still 1 second to fix it before it skips.

Regards,
Ted Park