[FFmpeg-user] how to convert *.cin into *.avi?

peter.lysyansky at gmail.com peter.lysyansky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 14:15:49 EEST 2020

Thank you,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org> On Behalf Of Reto Kromer
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 2:14 PM
To: FFmpeg user questions <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] how to convert *.cin into *.avi?

peter.lysyansky at gmail.com wrote:

>Did you succeed to see any image from this file? This is a ULS scan of
>the elbow of an arm.

No, not the actual image. I could retrieve only a little shadows by using what I know about medical imaging.

>What would you recommend instead of FFmpeg?

I am afraid, I don't have any recommendation at all. This is a proprietary format which I don't know. It is *NOT* the Cineon
(.cin) format used when the digital intermediate was introduced in movie film postproduction by Kodak. That's for sure.