[FFmpeg-user] WAV samplerate conversion with CODEC ID 1 ???

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 13:20:28 EEST 2020

Am Di., 15. Sept. 2020 um 11:59 Uhr schrieb Tobias Rapp
<t.rapp at noa-archive.com>:

> On 15.09.2020 11:44, christian.will at 4-real.com wrote:
> > Is it somehow possible to convert wav audio takes with a CODEC ID of 1?
> > Because ffmpeg and sox are creating very long and "unusal" codec ids like:
> > 00000001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71

Command line and complete, uncut console output missing.

No, because we don't want to create files that do not conform to the
wav standard.
(You can easily change the source code yourself if you have to.)

> That GUID is part of the WaveFormatExtensible structure, used by WAVE
> files to specify additional format properties. It means "PCM", see the
> section about "SubFormat" in [1], and should be compatible with common
> playback software.

Very often, it sadly isn't.

We should probably add an option to force tag 1.