[FFmpeg-user] Errors and artefacts when decoding a .h264 file from security camera

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.software
Mon Sep 14 10:53:55 EEST 2020

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 3:43 PM Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Mi., 9. Sept. 2020 um 17:18 Uhr schrieb Robert Krüger
> <krueger at lesspain.software>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a security camera file that gives me decoding errors which are
> very
> > likely the reason for several macroblocks being broken in the resulting
> > video (by far not all, you can still recognize the motive).
>
> You forgot to mention that the file contains images from several cameras...

I am assuming this is how the system records the feed from multiple
cameras, at least that's what I was told by the people who provided the
file. So, it's a recording device that records a signal that apparently
comes from a king of mixer, to a file. No processing was done on my side.

> Paul sent a patch.

Awesome, I will check it out!