[FFmpeg-user] Correct conversion of yuvj420p?

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 01:15:01 EEST 2020

Hi,

>  > Incompatible pixel format 'yuvj420p' for codec 'ffv1', auto-selecting
>
> format 'yuv420p'
>
>  > [swscaler @ 0x71c9440] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you
>
> did set range correctly
>

> The comment in
>
> [libavutil/pixfmt.h](https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavutil/pixfmt.h#L78),
>
> says:
>

>  > AV_PIX_FMT_YUVJ420P, ///< planar YUV 4:2:0, 12bpp, full scale (JPEG),
>
> deprecated in favor of AV_PIX_FMT_YUV420P and setting color_range
>
> The source video is: yuvj420p(pc, smpte170m/bt709/bt709)
>
> The output video is: yuv420p(pc, smpte170m/bt709/bt709)
I think it means to force output 0-100% levels with yuv420p format if you are seeking yuvj420p, with the understanding they won’t necessarily be safe.

> What would be the right commandline to losslessly convert this to FFV1?
>
> I've tried, but so far I get differing streamhash MD5s for the video -
>
> regardless if I set the color range :(
Isn’t it unavoidable? Since the ranges are not same. Though maybe if you go from broadcast and force filter setrange=pc they might match? I’m not very sure. One thing I’d mention just in case is color range option only sets what the header claims it’s contents are, for the encoders that accept it.

Regards,
Ted