[FFmpeg-user] sudo: ffmpeg: command not found

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Oct 29 21:24:40 EET 2020

On 10/29/2020 12:02 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> * everybody is born to read "ERROR" at the end of configure
Un, no they're not, nor to understand what it means and *whether* it's relevant.

> * everybody is born to realize that "Try again from the top, git clone a
> fresh working copy" is idiotic -
No they're not, and yet we're always telling people to pull the latest and
try that....Hmm, pick one.

> * the error message was even clear
If you actually understand it.

> * using "sudo" in front of everything is idiotic and not relevant to ffmpeg,
Idiotic? maybe not. Unwise and unnecessary, probably.

Face it, Reindl, no one is as smart as you or has as much insight or
experience as you do and they never will. You can either be a help people
learn or you can be an ass. All of your emails suggest the latter.

Heck, _you_ might even learn something in the process.

z!