[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe/ffplay ERROR :: Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 unspecified pixel format,

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 08:19:47 EET 2020

Hi,

> I did install version 4.3.1 on Linux MINT:
>

> ffprobe version 4.3.1 Copyright (c) 2007-2020 the FFmpeg developers
>   built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)
>   configuration: --disable-x86asm
>

> I still got the same error. The mp4 files do not run anywhere. W10, Linux does not matter which tool media player, VLC. The the mp4 from the same device which were capture some month ago did not had that issues.

Can you share a sample of a non-working file? If you can’t get it to work using any program it sounds like the files are corrupt or otherwise not valid, maybe it happened when they were being transferred or captured? Unless the working files that the same device produced some months ago now fail to play as well, that would be strange.

Regards,
Ted Park