[FFmpeg-user] MPEG TS+PS parser

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sat Oct 17 10:18:41 EEST 2020

On 10/16/2020 11:54 PM, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote:
> On 10/16/2020 10:14 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> You're absolutely right, Carl.

BTW, I go by "z" (how I sign my email).

>> There are a fair number of mpeg-ts parsers already out there in a variety
>> of languages ...
>
> Really? Do you mean VOBEdit? All that I've seen are formatted as pretty
> pictures and all that I've seen have errors.

Acually, I didn't even think of vobedit. A quick search turned up-
https://github.com/jeoliva/mpegts-basic-parser
https://github.com/jeeb/mpegts
https://github.com/daniep01/MPEG-2-Transport-Stream-Packet-Analyser
https://www.serbod.com/--cc/mpeg-ts-parseranalyzer
https://tsduck.io/

One of them probably does what you want or can be modified to.

> I used SNOBOL about 35 years ago to quickly write very powerful parsers. I'm
> looking at Unicon now.

If you're going that direction, you may be better off with something like
Rust or java/javascript (assuming that c/c++ are off the table); definitely
something that already has some mpeg code available (rust does).

I'll take further discussion off the ffmpeg list because it's no longer
on-topic.

Later,

z!