[FFmpeg-user] MPEG TS+PS parser

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sat Oct 17 05:14:09 EEST 2020

On 10/15/2020 1:44 AM, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote:
> Got any suggestions how I should proceed?

I hate to say this, but you're rather reinventing the wheel (and building it
out of toothpicks).

There are a fair number of mpeg-ts parsers already out there in a variety of
languages, and the kind of structure you've used is going to be slow and
resource-intensive. If nothing else, if you're using the bash shell use a
case statement to separate out the translations (instead of passing
everything through one HUGE pipeline).

(This is not a task for pattern substitution.)

Later,

z!