[FFmpeg-user] Repair/Fix an mpeg4 bitstream

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 11:29:05 EET 2020

Carl Eugen,

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 10:51 PM Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Do., 26. Nov. 2020 um 08:58 Uhr schrieb Mathieu Malaterre
> <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com>:
>
> > I am trying to repair an mpeg4 (mastroka container with mpeg4+mp3)
> > movie. The movie runs smoothly when played with mpv, but appears to
> > have a different frame rate when played with ffplay.
> >
> > Is there a magical option to fix/repair this file ? If not how do I
> > re-encode it as-close as possible to the original one ?
> >
> > Typical output:
> >
> > $ ffmpeg -y -hide_banner -i input.mkv -c copy output.mkv
>
> When asking for help here, never use -hide_banner unless
> you want to report an issue with that option.

Understood. My point was to be as concise as possible.

> Please test current FFmpeg git head, if the issue is reproducible,
> feel free to provide a sample file.

Issue #9013

Hopefully someone will be able to make sense of the formulation
'freeze' or 'stop-and-go' I used in the issue description.

> Since the file was apparently created with FFmpeg, the more
> interesting issue is: How was the input file created?

Good question. I did not create this movie.
I was simply trying to attach metadata to this file and discovered the
non-monotonous DTS warning. I've been struggling to find a way to
re-encode it properly since.

> Carl Eugen

Mathieu