[FFmpeg-user] Slide show with transition

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Nov 18 19:44:43 EET 2020

On 11/18/2020 9:13 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> No, it is a very bad idea.
Why? (explanation missing)

> You are certainly a supporter of that software and bad software practice in
> general.
I support things that work; IrfanView works well for a great many people and
for the jobs it was designed to do; so do XNview, OBS, ImageMagick, VLC, and
a raft of other packages.

Then explain why it's "bad practice" (and whether you're referring "to
support that software" or "to run all the images through it" or something
else?). Normalizing formats/resolutions/etc is a common practice when
working with multiple sources.

> This can be coded with ease to be done with FFmpeg either via shell or
> programming.
Again, explanation missing. If it could be done "with ease" it should have
been quick to provide an example, especially to a neophyte (the OP); I'd
expect nothing less from someone with your experience. Take the opportunity
to help someone learn instead of throwing barriers in their way.

Later,

z!