[FFmpeg-user] Best place for despill filter?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Nov 18 15:40:13 EET 2020

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 20:15:54 +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> Oh, what a pity. We need more filters with support for commands. Now
> that I have found out how to send zmq commands from C# code, there are
> so many nice things that could be done with FFmpeg in real time.
> Especially when adjusting parameters that need visual feedback, for
> example brightness, contrast, gamma, color corrections, colorkey
> parameters, despill parameters and so on...

Paul has worked heavily over the last few months to add command support
to filters (and to properly document it). I guess it just isn't trivial
in many cases, as the filters sometimes have not been designed with
runtime reconfiguration in mind. (Any it may not be possible at all in
certain cases.)

Cheers,
Moritz