[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg: slide show on Windows

RAPPAZ Francois francois.rappaz at unifr.ch
Tue Nov 17 15:43:27 EET 2020

Oh Thanks a lot !

François

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org> On Behalf Of Michael Koch
Sent: 17 November 2020 14:23
To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg: slide show on Windows

Am 17.11.2020 um 14:09 schrieb RAPPAZ Francois via ffmpeg-user:
> Thanks that was it
>
> And if I Would like to have each image shown during 15 seconds (I have
> 15 pictures and  whants the total time being 225 sec), How should I
> specified the -framerate and -r ? I tried ffmpeg -y -f image2
> -framerate 1/5 -i %%02d.JPG -i SligoAir_WhiteBlanket.mp3 -vsync vfr
> -r 15 -pix_fmt yuv420p output.mkv
>
> But that it's too short a time for each picture

"-framerate 1/5" specifies the framerate at which you read the pictures,
1/5 means 5 seconds.
"-r" is the output framerate. If you omit this option, then the default 25fps is used. Some players have problems with small framerates.
If you want crossfadings between the pictures, have a look at chapter
2.3 in my book:
http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf

Michael