[FFmpeg-user] segment_atclocktime problem

Tom Worster fsb at thefsb.org
Mon Nov 16 14:59:26 EET 2020

On 11/16/2020 1:03:41 AM, "Carl Zwanzig" <cpz at tuunq.com> wrote:

>On 11/15/2020 9:41 AM, Tom Worster wrote:
>>
>>What can I do to prevent this and get ffmpeg to write files with the atclocktime? instead of what I assume is the actual time when the file is written.
>
>Depending on the actual implementation, you might not be able to- it's common to write into a temp file and at the trigger time close & rename, which takes some time; that rename could happen after a seconds boundary depending on system load. Someone would need to look at the code to really know.
That makes sense. movflags=+faststart may be contributing significantly
to the delay in completing each file. The MP3 streams don't have that so
maybe that explains why they don't have a 01 problem.

>  You may be better off with a cron job that looks for "01" files and renames them; run every segment_time but a few seconds delayed; something like "rename 01.m4a 00.m4a *.m4a".
Yes. I put that into the script I already had for moving moving the
files from ec2 to s3.

Thanks, z!

Tom