[FFmpeg-user] DV to bob deinterlaced HEVC

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:09:34 EET 2020

Am Fr., 13. Nov. 2020 um 10:44 Uhr schrieb Matti Haveri
<matti.haveri at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:39 PM Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > I guess it is better to deinterlace first, then scale?
> >
> > This is correct.
>
> I tested to scale & crop first, and then deinterlace, and to my surprise
> the output was identical.

While it may look similar (because only horizontal scaling was done),
I don't think the output was identical.
Both scaling and deinterlacing cannot be undone and do have an
impact on quality (if you define quality as identity with a - possibly
hypothetical - original).
I can understand why you want to deinterlace, you should avoid
the scaling (unless I miss something and you absolutely have to
do it).