[FFmpeg-user] where to post suggestion for the documentation?

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 3 19:20:30 EET 2020

 Hi Steve and all
This is the second time in as many days that I've had to apologise for the behaviour of people on this mailing list, although I have no standing here other than having been here a long time, and having seen it a lot.
As I said in a message yesterday, this level of spite and hostility is seen as normal and desirable; it happens constantly. This is what these people think is normal discourse between colleagues.
What's amazing is that Paul is listed on ffmpeg.org as a potential contract software engineer, so he's presumably looking for work. I can't imagine that anyone hearing this would go anywhere near the guy.
I am doing my best, as I often have, to be as polite as I can but really, please, hear me: Harald, Paul, Carl, the way you relate to people on this list is emphatically not normal for English-language professional interaction. It is not us who are behaving inappropriately. It is you. The level of venom, malice and hatred is so massively out of proportion to the circumstances that most people would be completely horrified and want nothing to do with you.
I have nothing to gain from saying this so please take it in the spirit in which it is intended. You are damaging yourselves and the project and it is completely unnecessary.
Phil