[FFmpeg-user] Decrease CPU usage?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 03:43:06 EET 2020

Am Mo., 2. Nov. 2020 um 01:34 Uhr schrieb Diego Patricio Durante
<diego at inipop.com>:

> Hello community! I have RTSP streams from cameras, and I'm interested
> to save it to a disk and share as MP4. The main problems are the trade
> off between disk usage and CPU usage without converting the format nor
> scaling the image sizes.

Please always paste your console output, no external links please.

I don't understand above as you asked for conversion in your command
line (there should be no cpu issue if you are not converting).
In your command line, not FFmpeg but x264 is used for the conversion,
look at the presets (ultrafast, superfast, veryfast, faster etc.) to
reduce cpu usage.