[FFmpeg-user] Closed Captions for zone 1 DVD

PPRJ01 pprj01 at orange.fr
Tue May 12 14:16:28 EEST 2020

Hello Carl Eugen,

Please note that this case is now closed for me. I found this workaround :

    ffmpeg -t 180 -i INPUT.mp4 -c copy TMP.mp4
    ffmpeg -f lavfi -i "movie=TMP.mp4[out0+subcc]" -map s OUTPUT.srt -v warning

When there are no Closed Captions within the first 3 minutes of the video stream, ffmpeg displays a warning : Output file is empty ...

The drawback is that this is a very slow procedure.

Actually, my initial objective was to remove the Closed Captions from all my movies.

I finally found how to do it, in a fast and efficient way, even if the video stream does NOT contain CC :

    ffmpeg -i INPUT.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v filter_units=remove_types=6 OUTPUT.mp4

Thank you for your help

Best Rgds

Pascal

Message du 08/05/20 22:54