[FFmpeg-user] Existing Signature Comparison

Sugar Myojin sugar.myojin at gmail.com
Wed May 6 05:44:15 EEST 2020

Carl,
Thank you for kindly responding.

Yes, that's correct, that's what I am referring to. I have output the
MPEG-7 video signatures for a list of videos (a video database).
I then calculate the MPEG-7 video signature for a new video that I am
considering adding to that database, so that I can compare the new video to
the videos in the database via the signature only.
(I imagine that using the MPEG-7 video signatures should be able to reduce
the amount of time taken for this operation.)

I am trying to do something like this, but I think it may not be supported
by ffmpeg.exe, but I am trying to be absolutely sure.

Commandline> ffmpeg -i [1st signature file] -i [2nd signature file]
-filter_complex signature=detectmode=full:nb_inputs=2 -f null -

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Scott