[FFmpeg-user] How to compress .MOV file compatible to Canon camera

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 22:34:57 EEST 2020

Am 31.03.20 um 14:46 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Am Di., 31. März 2020 um 02:30 Uhr schrieb Ulf Zibis <Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de>:
>
>> As you can see, I need to increase the ftyp box by 4 bytes to insert CEAP
> Didn't you already verify that this is not the culprit?

Well, I only zeroed the 4 Bytes, but didn't shorten the ftyp box by 4 bytes. When I shorten it, the indexes in the moov box become invalid.

Anyway, I need to insert the udta box, as it includes the thumbnail for the camera to show the video in the selection list, from where I possilbly can start it to view.

-Ulf