[FFmpeg-user] Copying a EIA-608 subtitle stream in an m4v

Dan Smith dansmithx at icloud.com
Fri Mar 27 20:12:46 EET 2020

> On Mar 27, 2020, at 11:23 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Am Fr., 27. März 2020 um 17:58 Uhr schrieb Dan Smith via ffmpeg-user
> <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>:
>
>> To restate my goal clearly: I want to process some m4v files,
>> removing an unwanted "cover art" image appearing as mjpeg
>> streams.
>
> Just to clarify in case it is necessary:
> FFmpeg never "removes" anything from a file, when you
> so stream copy with ffmpeg, a new file is created with
> new (and most likely) different features than the input
> file (except for the media content).

Sure. I don't necessarily require *literal* removal of some data from a file. But I'm looking for a process that will *logically* amount to removal of some data. This process could look like:

mv filename.m4v filename-bak.m4v
some-command -from filename-bak.m4v -to filename.m4v

The process is successful if the result of the process looks like what you would expect from literal removal.