[FFmpeg-user] Copying a EIA-608 subtitle stream in an m4v

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:55:49 EET 2020

Am Fr., 27. März 2020 um 17:58 Uhr schrieb Dan Smith via ffmpeg-user
<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>:

> 1) I'd really like a video in the original file format when I'm done (m4v/mp4), not a mov file.

ipad files are mostly mov files, mp4 files are a little different.
("m4v" is something entirely different in FFmpeg)

> I think mov files are less widely compatible

My personal experience is that mov is more widely compatible than mp4.

> and in any case I'm going for in-place modification.

I have tried to answer this: FFmpeg cannot do this.