[FFmpeg-user] Screenrecording, audio is sped up when other process starts

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:17:52 EET 2020

Hi,

> With the risk of sounding ignorant ... how would I "grab hardware device
> exclusively"?

To use an account part of the audio group and specifying an actual hardware device should be enough to do this. I am not sure what the difference between cards and devices are to alsa tbh, but I think using hw and index to specify the device makes it clear its not a mixer or other.

Also, does the card have 4 separate streams? If you have no particular reason to get all 4 channels maybe there is a way to only record one.

> I can't with my limiting googling capabilities find out how to not enable
> the sound mixer in pygame.
>
> However, the "glitch" persists even after completely closing the python
> process.

But maybe I was wrong in assuming that the contention in controlling the device was the problem; iirc, the way to not enable the sound mixer in pygame is to not enable it… So if there’s no sound I don’t think that is the issue.

I thought the glitch was the short high pitched noise in the video at 13 seconds in, is it observable anywhere else in that clip?

Regards,
Ted Park