[FFmpeg-user] Converting Quicktime (.mov ) from iPhone to mp4

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Mar 24 18:21:01 EET 2020

On 3/24/2020 9:05 AM, Peter Alderson wrote:
> How do I stop top-posting?

Check the docs for your email client or google it? If you're using gmail in
a browser, click on the three dots at the bottom to expand the quoted text,
then edit from there.

And if you haven't already, take a look at
https://ffmpeg.org/mailing-list-faq.html.

> Also I have now installed 4.2.2. ( 2019 ). ( which is the latest homebrew version )
"homebrew version"?? Where are you getting ffmpeg? You can get up-to-date
macos builds at https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/macos64/ and
https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/  (both linked from
https://ffmpeg.org/download.html). But.... see below...

> And I now when converting from .mov ( saved Video ) from iOS 11 I get error...
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x7ff72f801600] moov atom not found

Please provide the -entire- command output. It's very hard to debug a
problem with almost no information.

 From the original email
> If the video is recorded and then transferred to a Desktop uploaded and
> then converted it works OK.
Are you running ffmpeg on the iphone or on a desktop/laptop? That's very
important to know. Have you tried multiple videos? With that error, it's
possible that the video wasn't properly closed when recorded.

Later,

z!