[FFmpeg-user] Error ‘can’t open stats file’ using 2 pass encoding with multiple audio inputs

Jeff Langston jrlangston at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 07:03:43 EET 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to sort out an issue  I've run into with ffmpeg on the cli and
was wondering if anyone might be able to help. I am trying to leverage 2
pass encoding as well as inputting additional audio tracks to generate
multiple output versions  (MPEG-DASH/HLS/MP4/MP3).

During the 2nd pass I'm hitting an error `ratecontrol_init: can't open
stats file` The same command when done in a single pass seems to work ok
but yields larger rendered file sizes than what 2 pass encoding generates

Would anyone have any idea if it should be expected to be able to leverage
2 pass encoding in this fashion to support multiple audio inputs or if
there are changes I might need to make to the cli args ?

Full commands and their output avail here https://pastebin.com/GDcAR1rV

Any input or help would be greatly  appreciated.