[FFmpeg-user] mpegts PES packet size mismatch

Galvo3D galvo3d at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:03:42 EET 2020

Hi! I am successfully transcoding more than 20 HD channels with Nvidia HW
acceleration (Cuda 10.2 + Nvidia 440 on multiple RTX2080Ti).
I am feeding a multicast RTP source (L3 switches and igmp snooping).
Output files (hevc+he-aacv2 in mkv container) are ok, perfect a/v sync and
correct timestamps.
There are some small glitches, caused by these errors:

[mpegts @ 0x55ac44f15b40] PES packet size mismatch
[ac3 @ 0x55ac44f44ec0] exponent -1 is out-of-range
[ac3 @ 0x55ac44f44ec0] error decoding the audio block
Error while decoding stream #0:2: Error number -16976906 occurred

[mpegts @ 0x55ac44f15b40] PES packet size mismatch
[ac3 @ 0x55ac44f44ec0] error in bit allocation
[ac3 @ 0x55ac44f44ec0] error decoding the audio block
Error while decoding stream #0:2: Error number -16976906 occurred

Has anyone got the same issue?
It’s quite annoying.