[FFmpeg-user] ff* command lines that work

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 02:55:47 EET 2020

On 03/09/2020 08:47 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Di., 10. März 2020 um 01:42 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
> <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Thank you, Carl. How about this?:
>>
>> ffmpeg [A] [B] -i C [[D] -i E ...] [F] [[G] [H] I [[J] [K] L] ...]
>>      A  : general options, if any
>>      B  : first input options, if any
>>    -i C : first (possibly only) input-URL
>>      D  : second input options, if any
>>    -i E : second input-URL, if any, etc.
>>      F  : additional general options, if any
>>      G  : first output filter chain, if any
>>      H  : first output options, if any
>>      I  : first output-URL, if any
>>      J  ; second output filter chain, if any
>>      K  ; second output options, if any
>>      L  : second output-URL, if any, etc.
>
> A and F are the same and their position does not matter.
>
> Carl Eugen

Yes, they are both general options, so showing them in 2 differing
places indicates that they can be, 1, before the inputs (A), or 2, after
the inputs (F), or 3, both A & F, doesn't it? Or do they all have to be
in one place?

Sorry if this seems anal-retentive, but I'm anal-retentive *and* an
engineer (so, doubly anal -- wipe it 'til it bleeds). :-)