[FFmpeg-user] ff* command lines that work

Noeck noeck.marburg at gmx.de
Mon Mar 9 19:07:15 EET 2020

Am 09.03.20 um 17:27 schrieb Mark Filipak:
> Why am I getting no constructive responses?

Because the question does not make sense. I understand the idea of
deducing rules from the command working commandlines. But there are
literally millions of possible commands and just noting some of them
does not make sense. Here are two:

ffprobe file.mp4
ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -c:v x264 -crf 25 -g 250 -preset veryfast -pix_fmt
yuv420p -c:a aac -b:a 128 -f mp4

But what does it tell you?

The documentation explains how the commandline is composed of parts:

http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Synopsis
ffmpeg [global_options] {[input_file_options] -i input_url} ...
{[output_file_options] output_url} ...

And you can easily translate that to a working command. The crux of the
matter is what these options are and for that you need to know what you
want to achieve and then follow documentation.

If you collect commands like you asked for, you probably get some easy
ones but those are easy to come up with. The tricky parts with complex
filters etc. might then warrant further precise questions.

So in short: Your question is posed in a way that won't give you what
you are looking for and provokes the kind of answers you got so far.

Cheers,
Daniel