[FFmpeg-user] ff* command lines that work

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:55:58 EET 2020

Am Mo., 9. März 2020 um 17:45 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
<markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> I can't discern between command lines that work and command lines that
> don't work and command lines that used to work but no longer and command
> lines that should work but haven't been tested or that have bugs.
>
> I don't understand what's the problem?
>
> I simply want ff* command lines -- any type -- that are known/proven to
> work.

I (slowly) start to understand:
This is not possible as command lines typically only work for specific
input - depending on input, a command line that is "proven to work"
only produces an error.
(Yes, FFmpeg is not that easily scriptable.)

Note that you will not easily find command lines that used to work:
Except for a change in the map syntax nine years ago, I only
remember minor changes.