[FFmpeg-user] Encoding Warnings

adam smith adamsmith79 at icloud.com
Tue Jun 30 01:01:53 EEST 2020

> On 29 Jun 2020, at 15:44, Jim <Ruler2112 at charter.net> wrote:
>
>  (While this doesn't equalize the volume or eliminate all volume-related inconsistencies, it does make the loudest part of each video the same and is the best solution I've found;

I think you would like the loudnorm filter that incorporates ebur-128 adjustments.
It can run as two pass or one pass (useful for live streaming) and adjusts the audio levels to maintain the specified levels.
An example would be -af loudnorm=I=-23:TP=-1.0:LRA=11
This sets the average loudness at -23LUFS (this is pretty standard for UK TV) the True Peak value as -1.0dBfs and the loudness range shows the distribution of loudness throughout the programme.

LUFS is great because it is based on perceptual loudness and not just sample values.

Have fun
Adam