[FFmpeg-user] Can I convert from .ram to .mp4?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jun 18 04:44:40 EEST 2020

STAY ON LIST - DAMNED IF YOU DON'T GET HOW MAILING-LISTS ARE WORKING
DON'T USE THEM - IT'S NOT PEROSNAL SUPPORT AND I TILD YOU SO IN MY LAST MAIL

Am 18.06.20 um 03:10 schrieb David:
> NERDfirst, the guy giving a youtube tutorial on FFmpeg
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPV7JXTWPWI>said that one way to use
> FFmpeg was to have the infile and outfile in the same directory as the
> FFmpeg.exe. Are you saying he's wrong, then, that one canNOT have those
> three files in the same directory?

I can also drill a hole in my knee

nobody right in his mind is running sofwtare with admin permissions,
especially not video encoding software and nobody right in his mind
gives his ordinary user write permsisions to binaries

if you want to do so adjust the permissions and why you don't have
permissions on that folder especially when you are using Windows is your
problem and not one of ffmpeg

20 years ago i managed to adjust my path as needed and learn how to deal
with permissions on Win2000 weeks after buy my first PC