[FFmpeg-user] MPEG2 Profile Options Integer order wrong

Limin Wang lance.lmwang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 05:57:14 EEST 2020

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 12:28:39PM +1000, Bill Crockett wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Limin Wang"
> <lance.lmwang at gmail.com>

You are talking about profile, please do not switch to level, they're different
option.

level didn't support with const option, so you had to use integer for it.

Below is examples for reference:
Main profile and Main level:
-profile:v main -level:v 8

Main profile and high level:
-profile:v main -level:v 4

422 profile and main level:
-profile:v 422 -level:v 5

422 profile and high level:
-profile:v 422 -level:v 2

> level integer (encoding,audio,video)
> Possible values:
>
> ‘unknown’
>
> In the past, I found you could use 2, 4, 5, 6. or 8

Thanks,
Limin Wang