[FFmpeg-user] Issue in video compression

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Jun 11 18:59:23 EEST 2020

Perhaps I'm missing something, but...

On 6/11/2020 8:27 AM, Chakraborty, Rakesh via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> ffmpeg -i Input0.mov -y -fpre ./preset/mp4_Projector.ffpreset -astrict -2 -vsync vfr -acodec copy -vcodec copy -s 1280x720 Output0.mp4

(where's the command output? _always_ post the command output)

Looks like you're simply copying/repackaging the streams. Unless the mov
container has a lot of overhead, I wouldn't expect much difference in
container sizes. Without the command output, everyone is guessing.

If you expect the streams to be re-encoded, remove the copy options. Also,
while it probably won't make any difference at all, get the latest ffmpeg
and use that.

z!