[FFmpeg-user] Issue in video compression

Chakraborty, Rakesh Rakesh.Chakraborty at mheducation.com
Thu Jun 11 18:27:49 EEST 2020

Hi Team,

I am currently working with ffmpeg 4.2.2 for video transcoding. My objective is to transcode a particular .mov file to .mp4 file and compress to a significant amount.
I am using the following command:-

ffmpeg -i Input0.mov -y -fpre ./preset/mp4_Projector.ffpreset -astrict -2 -vsync vfr -acodec copy -vcodec copy -s 1280x720 Output0.mp4

The description of preset file that has been used is as follows:-

vcodec=libx264
vprofile=main
level=30
b:v=800000
bufsize=800000

But the output .mp4 file is not getting compressed. For example:- if the size of .mov file is of 563.2 MB, then the size of the output .mp4 file is becoming 560.1 MB

My further development work is stuck due to this. So, requesting you to kindly assist in this and help me with some solutions.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh Chakraborty

Mail to: rakesh.chakraborty at mheducation.com

The information contained in this message may be confidential and/or constitute a privileged attorney-client document.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify McGraw-Hill immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.