[FFmpeg-user] H264 video toolbox settings

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jun 9 12:24:37 EEST 2020

Hi Nuno,

On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 09:04:53 +0100, Nuno Santos wrote:
> > Oh, you mean using the libav* libraries? Then you're basically on the
> > wrong mailing list.
>
> What’s the correct mailing list for this?

It's pretty clearly outlined here:
So choose libav-user.

> And I believe function
>
> static bool get_vt_h264_profile_level(AVCodecContext *avctx, CFStringRef *profile_level_val)
>
> Is what I want but I don’t know how to pass the right parameters from the api side.

This function is not part of the API. For one, being declared "static"
means it's only available internally to this compilation unit.
Secondly, externally available functions have a different naming
scheme (av_*).

This function is already called internally on initialization of the encoder,
so I don't understand what you need to do with it.

Cheers,
Moritz