[FFmpeg-user] Question about licencing

Henry Rooney henners72 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 06:16:39 EEST 2020

Hi All, this is a scenario that I want to cover off.

I wirk for Microsoft and we have used ffmpeg with out speech to text
service to demonstrate the cognitive services in Azure.

This demo is designed to show customers what is possible in our voice to
text service, but is not to be used for production workloads.  We use
ffmpeg to shard the audio file into small chunks to train the service.

Also we wanto the demo to be freely available and will check it into Git.

Questions I have.

Can we use ffmpeg for our demo without breaching any licence.

What documentation do I need to include on Git to ensure that users are
aware that they are using FFMPEG and need to adhere to the licencing of
that product.

Is there anything else we need to do to ensure that we adhere to the usage
guidelines.

Regards

Henry