[FFmpeg-user] Rescuing inconsistent frame rate screen capture file?

Simon Roberts simon at dancingcloudservices.com
Tue Jul 28 22:14:19 EEST 2020

I'm topposting here because I think this is in some sense another
question, but since the problem I'm trying to solve remains the same,
I figure the earlier question should be here for context.

Do individual frames in a libx264 stream (in an mp4 container) carry
timestamps, as distinct from perhaps "sequence numbers"? And if so,
can ffmpeg access them or give me access to them?

I'm wondering if I might be able to extract a series of individual
frames with their timestamp information (ideally in the filenames!) so
that I might be able to recreate "even tempered" frames from a source
that has radically varying frame rates.