[FFmpeg-user] is there any way to abort ffmpeg if source bitrate gets too low

andrei ka andrei.k.gml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:37:55 EEST 2020

hi all

i have multicast sources that sometimes actually switch to  just static
images encoded at very low bitrates, bitrate drops from 2Mbps when it's a
decent signal to 500kbps when it's static. so, I don't know how to detect
it on a fly, ffmpeg keeps happily encoding. Wish we had some input filter
with bitrate caps... running  a probe process in background and killing
ffmpeg is so ugly to me... any ideas how to do it without help from bash ?

cheers, &rei