[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:15:14 EEST 2020

Hi,

> I am using ffprobe to calculate stream bps, with RTSP  every thing work fine, with RTP , I need to add sdp file, I have one but couldn’t find how to tell ffprobe to use it :
>
> Ffprobe  -show_frames -rtsp_transport tcp rtsp://192.168.168.201/11       ----- work fine
> Ffprobe   -show_frames  rtp//192.168.168.201:1234        --- don’t work    need 11.sdp file

I think it's the other way around, the sdp file should tell some streaming software (ffmpeg might be an option) to stream rtp://192.168.168.201:1234 <rtp://192.168.168.201:1234>, but I think you would need to specify what the codec is, the packets, etc. also, that rtsp does for you using the sdp file's contents. It basically takes care of controlling how the media is streamed.

i.e. Just having a text sdp file in the current directory where you run the command doesn't actually stream the media as specified, there is probably no process bound to that port at all.

Regards,
Ted Park