[FFmpeg-user] Compiling on an aarch64 machine

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jul 9 12:01:46 EEST 2020

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 10:16:29 +0200, Verachten Bruno wrote:
> The fact that FFMpeg does not compile without this trick of exporting an
> empty CFLAGS variable on aarch64 there: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ .
> If you consider this is not a bug, that's perfect for me, but in my point
> of view, that should be written somewhere... If not in FFMpeg
> documentation, I'll write it down in a blog post.

Any autotools (autoconf/configure) based tool will also take a CFLAGS
environment into consideration. Those tools will also likely not build
with your environment. Good luck opening 300,000[*] bug tickets. ;-)
(Note: ffmpeg is not autoconf based.)

Why would you even export this variable, if your compiler doesn't
support it?

Moritz

[*] Wild guesstimate.