[FFmpeg-user] Copy EIT (EPG) from input to output MPEG-TS stream

Michal Rybarik michal at rybarik.sk
Sun Jul 5 17:03:06 EEST 2020

Hello,

I'm using ffmpeg to transcode live IPTV streams to lower video bitrate
(UDP MPEG-TS multicast to UDP mpeg-ts multicast). Input streams contain
EIT (EPG) for the program, but I'm not able to copy it to output stream
produced by ffmpeg. I have searched the internet, found several people
asking for the same, but no solution. Is it possible in current ffmpeg?
If not, is it possible to add this feature with reasonable effort (copy
packets with PID 18 from input MPEG-TS to output MPEG-TS ) ?

--
Regards,
Michal Rybarik