[FFmpeg-user] FFplay is not getting added with ffmpeg on my yocto Riscv

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jan 29 11:20:21 EET 2020

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 09:21:24 +0530, vinay kumar vini wrote:
>       I am trying to build ffmpeg on my yocto riscv.After building I'm
> getting ffprobe ,ffmpeg,ffserver but ffplay is not getting added.I have
> added all the dependencies as well but unable to get that.Can anyone help
> me on this?

Without seeing your build logs, this would be speculation.

That said: A classic reason for ffplay not being built (or configured
actually) is the missing of SDL2 development libraries (and headers
obviously).

Did your ffmpeg command line tool get SDL support?

$ ffmpeg -devices | grep sdl
ffmpeg version N-96334-g1a7f4a1 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
[...]
  E sdl,sdl2        SDL2 output device

If not, the missing of SDL2 is likely the issue.

(You can of course also check the "summary" output of the ./configure
command. And config.log.)

Cheers,
Moritz