[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe bug in 'interlaced_frame'?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 02:37:36 EET 2020

On 01/26/2020 07:32 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Mo., 27. Jan. 2020 um 01:27 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
> <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>>

>> On 01/26/2020 07:24 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> Do you think the issue you see is also reproducible with
>>> ffmpeg or only with ffprobe?
>>
>> I have no idea, Carl. I've never used ffmpeg.
>
> Then why don't you believe that the issue you see is that
> FFmpeg does not "support" soft-telecine when reading
> program streams?
>
> Carl Eugen

Because out of hundreds of region-1 DVDs, I've found only 2 that don't
use soft telecine, at least for the main feature. If ffmpeg didn't
support soft-telecined VOBs as input, then it could not be used to
decode so-called "NTSC" DVDs, HandBrake wouldn't work, MPV wouldn't
work, and LVC wouldn't work.