[FFmpeg-user] Submitting a Feature Request

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 22:40:22 EET 2020

Am Mi., 22. Jan. 2020 um 21:31 Uhr schrieb Chris via ffmpeg-user
<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>:

> ffmpeg -y -f rawvideo -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -s 1280x720 -r 59.94 -i -
> -vcodec mpeg2video -pix_fmt yuv420p  -vb 50M  -minrate 50M  -maxrate 50M
> -c:a pcm_s16be  -f vob  output.mpg

The mpeg2video encoder in libavcodec only supports mpeg-range levels.
Even if the mpeg2 specification allows anything else (which would
surprise me) it is very unlikely that the FFmpeg encoder will be changed
as no player would support playing the output correctly.

Did you test yesterdays command line with "-f mov"? I would expect
that to keep the levels you need.

In case I forgot so far: Only current FFmpeg git head is supported on this
mailing list.