[FFmpeg-user] Submitting a Feature Request

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 23:16:44 EET 2020

Am Di., 21. Jan. 2020 um 21:45 Uhr schrieb Chris via ffmpeg-user
<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>:

> My last message contained a comment line which explains why there are two command lines:
>

> // Open an input pipe from ffmpeg and an output pipe to a second instance of ffmpeg
>

> One is an input pipe for reading video frames; the other is an output pipe for writing video frames.
>

> The output pipe is the one modifying the video levels I have written in the C program.
>

> out_range=full causes ffmpeg to force video levels to 0 - 255.
>

> out_range=tv causes ffmpeg to force video levels to 16 - 235.

But you are not specifying either of these, are you?

Since there are two commands:
Which one is changing the video level? Is the issue you see (that the levels
are changed) also reproducible if only one of the commands is used?

Please fix your quoting, Carl Eugen