[FFmpeg-user] Compile ffmpeg-4.2.2 on macOS with SRT 1.4.1 >>> ERROR: srt >= 1.3.0 not found using pkg-config

Jonathan Viney jonathan.viney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 04:13:03 EET 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 10:27 PM Al-Batin Saltanat <
albatin.saltanat at gmail.com> wrote:

> SRT first with brew then compiled myself. Both with same result.
> pkg-config compiled myself following the instructions of:
>
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/macOS
>
> > On 10 Jan 2020, at 10:11 AM, K E N O <lucky at kenokeno.bingo> wrote:
> >
> > Did you install srt and pkg-config with brew?
> >
> >> Am 10.01.2020 um 03:46 schrieb Jonathan Viney <jonathan.viney at gmail.com
> <mailto:jonathan.viney at gmail.com>>:
> >>
> >> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 7:12 AM Al-Batin Saltanat <
> >> albatin.saltanat at gmail.com <mailto:albatin.saltanat at gmail.com> <mailto:

> with

> compiled it
> without

> >> What does the bottom of ffbuild/config.log show?
> >>
> >> -Jonathan.

I think this is because SRT needs to be able to access openssl from
homebrew. OpenSSL from homebrew is a keg-only.

Try running pkg-config to see more detail, you'll probably get somethings
like this:

# pkg-config --exists --print-errors srt
Package openssl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `openssl.pc'
Package 'openssl', required by 'srt', not found

Look at the output of "brew info openssl", you will probably need to export
some environment variables so SRT can find the right openssl version.

Eg, mine is:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/opt/openssl at 1.1/lib/pkgconfig"

Cheers,
-Jonathan.