[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg startup

tottek at gmail.com tottek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 19:42:51 EET 2020

Hello,

I have a system where ffmpeg is fed with a live stream of camera frames.
There are in total 6 processes (6 cameras) being processed simultaneously.

When starting up the ffmpeg pipeline, I can see a big surge in CPU, and I'm
assuming it is due to ffmpeg processes 'starting' up. Is there any flag for
like a 'ramp up' of a ffmpeg process in order to deal with this kind of
issue?

I could also start the camera recording in a 'staggered' mode, but its
desirable for this system to start the recording simultaneously on all
cameras.

My command line to ffmpeg looks like t his:

ffmpeg.exe -y -hide_banner -pix_fmt gray -vcodec rawvideo -f rawvideo -r 60
-s 658x492 -i \\.\pipe\DEV_000F315B978C -c:v libx264 -crf 23 -pix_fmt gray
X:\Videos\One_2020T094115.avi

-tk