[FFmpeg-user] More information about command options

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Feb 27 16:34:53 EET 2020

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 15:19:22 +0100, Jesús Aguilar Armijo wrote:
> Where can I find more information about the command options? For
> example, the muxer dash command example is:
[...]
> But I don't know what is each option (i.e. -bf, -keyint_min, -g... etc)
> and I can't find in the documentation anything about that. Could you
> please help me?

This is the official documentation with all the subsections combined:
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html

(Caveat: Options may be documented without dashes. E.g. "-bf" may not
be found as "-bf", but as "bf". That makes it a bit difficult for one
or the other option.)

Running
$ ffmpeg -h full

will also get you documentation created "from source". You will need to
view the output of that command in a pager or editor, and search, as it
is quite a lot, and not meant for reading from front to back.

Do consider that some options live in multiple incarnations.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask here anyway.

Cheers,
Moritz